Putting the music first – the Kodály way.
Sing and Play is the first book in the series and introduces the fundamentals of music, pulse, rhythm, pitch using the Kodály Approach. Every song in the book has a game or activity to go with it. Your students will have so much fun they will hardly notice they’re learning!
Learning through play is the aim though. So we also have games cards and flashcards to make your lessons even more fun. Your students will love using the dogs, clowns and snails to create their own pulse pictures and rhythms DoReMi Game Cards.
Sing and Play covers
- Two and three line staves moving to five line staves
- Black keys leading optionally to white keys
- Solfa singing names do, mi, so and la as hand signs and on the stave
- Rhythm names ta and titi (crotchets and quavers or quarter notes and eighth notes)
- Stick notation leading to stems on the score, including stem direction
- Ta rests (crotchet rests or quarter note rests)
- Dynamic markings forte, piano, mezzo-forte and mezzo-piano
- Time signatures 2/4 and 4/4
- Ledger lines
- Repeat signs
- Use of both hands predominantly finger 3
To support Sing and Play we’ve produced a beautifully illustrated Lyric Book, perfect for displaying on your tablet or interactive white board. View sample lyric videos at http://vimeo.com/doremipiano.
- Autumn Fun - So it’s the last week of school this week before the October half term holidays and I thought it would be fun to do some Autumn themed activities. Rhythm Games For Continue Reading →
- Group Lessons with DoReMi Piano by Jeni Warder - I love my job. As an ex-primary teacher, I’m motivated most by seeing children having fun, whilst discovering new things. When I left school teaching and began piano teaching 2 years Continue Reading →
- Pure Magic! - Thank you music teacher Debbie Hemingway for your comments on DoReMi Piano. Yay, yay, yay and thank you muchly!! It’s brilliant – and your teacher guide is pure magic! What Continue Reading →
- Very Effective – Review of DoReMi Piano Book 1 - Thank you so much Lindsay for this lovely review of DoReMi Piano “This is a good, thorough grounding in basic music skills, that will lend itself both to individual, and Continue Reading →
- Teacher Support - Another great review for DoReMi Piano. This time from one of my Amazon customers. All of my customers can rely on excellent post-purchase support if they have any questions or Continue Reading →
- DoReMi Piano Book 1 Review - Thanks for the great review Rebecca Langley “I love teaching piano but needed some more ideas to help me really engage my youngest beginners. DoReMi Piano has inspired both my Continue Reading →
- Here Sits A Mousie - One of my students asked me the other day which of the songs from DoReMi Piano is my favourite. I didn’t have to think very long. My favourite song is Continue Reading →
- Puzzle Erasers - I just have to say a massive thank you to the pianist, teacher and composer Diane Hidy for introducing me to Japanese Puzzle Erasers!! She has been advocating them for Continue Reading →
- DoReMi Piano Teachers’ News - Thank you DoReMi Piano teacher Rebecca for this great blog post on DoReMi Piano. You are so right! Those who dare to teach must never cease to learn. http://www.worthingpianolessons.com/piano-notes-blog/2015/8/2/those-who-dare-to-teach
- Understanding Pulse - For many years now I have sung songs with my students to help them learn various elements of musicianship. One of the first songs we sing helps them understand pulse. This Continue Reading →